The US Federal Reserve cuts the interest rats for the first time since 2008. Staring into a recession and a possible economic slowdown if the action is not taken a right in time, the rates have been cut by O.25 per cent. This is indeed for the first time that the US Federal Reserve has lowered the interest rates for the first time in a decade.
It may be worthwhile to notice here that the Trump administration was not in favour of reducing the rates further ahead. The rates were slashed to close to zero in 2008. After that, the rates were consistently increased for a decade. The world at large is staring at the slowing growth of the world’s largest economy, and the reduced rates have been considered to be the Fed Reserve’s attempt to provide all possible support for the economy.
The Federal Chairman, Jerome Powel has indicated the possibility f more such stringent actions in the days to come. In fact, economists had been expecting a more deeper cut in the interest rates. Powel indicated that the weakening global growth and the ongoing US-China trade war had been a few contributors to the issues.
Meanwhile, the US President Donald Trump hs been not much happy with the cut in the interest rates. He claimed that ” As usual, Powel has let us down”. He was expecting more deeper cuts.
….As usual, Powell let us down, but at least he is ending quantitative tightening, which shouldn’t have started in the first place – no inflation. We are winning anyway, but I am certainly not getting much help from the Federal Reserve!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 31, 2019
Obviously, he was looking for more aggressive cuts in the interest rates.
The US economy has been into the doldrums since quite long enough. The recent months have been a little complicated. There have been a few tensions that come across between Washington and Beijing. There were expectations of a rate cut since long enough. After cutting the rates, Federal claimed that they needed to cut the rates “in light of the implications of global developments for the economic outlook as well as muted inflation pressures”.
While the rates have been cut as per the expectations of the market and the economists, they are not likely to be cut any further, if the analysts are to be believed. That would perhaps be another disappointment for the Trump administration.
- Chris Hemsworth Delivers Iconic ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ Dialogue, Wins Hearts of Indian Fans
- Mahira Sharma shares a note on the accusations of forging an award for ‘gaining publicity and personal benefits
- Ma Anand Sheela’s biopic starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas to be co-produced by Purple Pebble Pictures!
- Rise of Voice Search with Ako Stark
- Pamela Anderson and Jon Peters are up to quitting their marriage
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle receive a strong message from Queen Elizabeth regarding Loyalty
- Taylor Swift opens up about her relationship with food and it wasn’t full of butterflies!
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement over ‘7 Rings’
- Cardi B reveals her political interests and faces criticism on Twitter
- Jennifer Lopez bagged the Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards this year!
- Netizens Are Swooning Upon Kylie Jenner’s Recent Picture On Instagram
- Facebook Bugs Exposed Anonymous Admins Of Pages
- Gigi Hadid Receives Criticism From Taylor’s Fans After Writing Tweets In Hailey’s Support
- Here’s Why Disney Plus Is Losing Movies Already
- Google To End ‘Double Irish, Dutch Sandwich’ Tax Scheme
- Here’s How You Can Enable Google Map’s Option That Will Let You Explore Hyperspace
- Uber Founder Travis Kalanick’s Next Move Is Ghost Kitchen
- Niall Horan Opens Up About His Dating Rumors With This International Singer
- Facebook Tests Tool That Allows Users To Export Photos To Google
- Hailey Baldwin Is Rumored To Be Pregnant After This Picture Went Public