Google has been testing a new service referred to as Play Pass. It is, in fact, a subscriptions service that lets you enjoy and opt for hundreds of premium apps and games for free – on payment of a monthly fee. While the download of premium apps and games has been a one time process and provides you access to the apps and games for a lifetime once paid for – even after you opt for different phones in future.
Google Play Pass is under testing as of now, and if the discussion on the XDA developers forum is to be believed, the service has been under testing since a year. This is something akin to a similar service from Apple – labelled Apple Arcade which is slated to be available by the end of this year. However, the major difference between Apple Arcade and Google Play Pass is that the former is limited to games alone and the latter is applicable for both apps and games.
The Play Pass service has been ready already in terms of development and presumably in the final stages of testing. As per the statement from Google, the service will offer “puzzle games to premium music apps … [with] access to hundreds of premium apps and games”.
It is expected that the service will be launched way before the launch of Apple Arcade. The initial period of the soft launch of the program will come with a free trial option. The screenshots from the anonymous users suggest to the possibility of a free trial of 10 days. While the monthly subscription has been stated to be $ 4.99, we expect the same to change by the time Play Pass is made available for every user later this year. The service is also likely to be launched with different content for different regions. The content is said to be curated based on the regions.
The news was first broken by Android Police. All the apps and games available through the Play Pass subscription will be free from any sort of ads or in-app purchases. While the compting Apple Arcade program is available for all device and platforms in the Apple ecosystem that includes Mac, Apple TV and iPads, it is not certain whether the Google Play Pass will be available on other allied platforms like Android TV.
The company has confirmed that the program is under testing and will be launched quite soon. Once it does, we would be able to find more of the details soon enough.
- Instagram Now Lets You Use GIFs And More In Interactive Stories
- Target Will Now Feature Mini Disney Stores
- Hailey Baldwin Liked A Picture Selena and Niall On Instagram
- Instagram Introduces Threads Standalone Messaging App For Your Close Friends
- Here’s How Your Travel To The United States Will Be Affected After The Introduction of ESTA
- Uber Plans To Combine Uber Eats And Ride Sharing Apps
- Justin Bieber Fans Can’t Keep Calm Because Hailey Liked His Ex’s Picture On Instagram
- Now You Can Share Whatsapp Status On Facebook With This New Feature
- Eros Now, Microsoft To Develop Next-gen Online Video Platform
- Get published in the news through Stankevicius Interactive Media
- Facebook Suspends Thousands Of Apps For Privacy Investigation
- Google Pays Tribute To ‘Friends’ with Character Easter Eggs
- Here’s Why iPhone 11 Is The Best $700 Smartphone Apple Has Ever Made
- Benefits and risks of using a true ECN forex broker
- Hollywood Celebrities Are Stepping For Environment
- Selena Gomez Revealed She Had A Crush On Cole Sprouse
- Jack Ma Retires After 20 Years At Alibaba
- How Signals Work for Binary Options Trading
- DDPHE Announces Marijuana Inspections Amid Black Market Explosion
- Alaskan Swimmer disqualified over Modesty Rule; Decision reversed!