Remember those old days when everything that came into the system wasn’t considered to be the great one? Windows Defender was one of them. It was once treated to be the worst security solutions you would ever use on your computer.
Things have changed for good now. The free default antivirus solution on your Windows devices has matured to a greater degree and now treated to be one of the perfect choices and the greatest one at that. The latest report from German researcher AV-Test has conferred the rare honour on the Microsoft managed Antivirus solution.
It belonged to the list of top four service providers who scored a six out of six in three categories – protection, performance, and usability. While the other three were third party services, Windows defender has a unique advantage in comparison – it is available free of cost with all Windows editions and does not need you to pay for any of the services. The other three toppers come with a paid model and have recurring charges.
Check this out. Windows Defender classified as “BEST antivirus” by independent lab @avtestorg. As I blogged about last year https://t.co/PIUgTeq3dm Defender is now the most commonly used antivirus in the Enterprise and SMB customers. https://t.co/V4B9Yhe6Fv
— Brad Anderson (@Anderson) August 7, 2019
The research was the result of efforts of over two months. The research group examined 34 different antivirus programs before arriving at the final scores for each of them. It was a huge news for Microsoft and the VP of Microsoft 365, Brad Anderson made it clear through his tweet.
Of course, even after that – there may be a few areas that you would need to be more vigilant. A good antivirus software like Zonealarm free anti-virus can be a good option along with Windows Defender. They can be helpful enough in shielding you effectively from the hackers and offer a complete data protection with encrypted data. Needless to say, Zone Alarm is one such service provider that has been praised for its Solid Protection by PC Magazine. These third party solutions can offer spy protection in addition to the regular antivirus solutions.
In any case, this should be the great news for Microsoft and Windows users. The regular users who do not bother to opt for a paid antivirus solutions, this can be a blessing!
- Instagram Now Lets You Use GIFs And More In Interactive Stories
- Target Will Now Feature Mini Disney Stores
- Hailey Baldwin Liked A Picture Selena and Niall On Instagram
- Instagram Introduces Threads Standalone Messaging App For Your Close Friends
- Here’s How Your Travel To The United States Will Be Affected After The Introduction of ESTA
- Uber Plans To Combine Uber Eats And Ride Sharing Apps
- Justin Bieber Fans Can’t Keep Calm Because Hailey Liked His Ex’s Picture On Instagram
- Now You Can Share Whatsapp Status On Facebook With This New Feature
- Eros Now, Microsoft To Develop Next-gen Online Video Platform
- Get published in the news through Stankevicius Interactive Media
- Facebook Suspends Thousands Of Apps For Privacy Investigation
- Google Pays Tribute To ‘Friends’ with Character Easter Eggs
- Here’s Why iPhone 11 Is The Best $700 Smartphone Apple Has Ever Made
- Benefits and risks of using a true ECN forex broker
- Hollywood Celebrities Are Stepping For Environment
- Selena Gomez Revealed She Had A Crush On Cole Sprouse
- Jack Ma Retires After 20 Years At Alibaba
- How Signals Work for Binary Options Trading
- DDPHE Announces Marijuana Inspections Amid Black Market Explosion
- Alaskan Swimmer disqualified over Modesty Rule; Decision reversed!