There have been stark warnings from doctors, aid workers and the United Nations that camps for the displaced in North Western Syria could be devastated by an outbreak of coronavirus.
Almost one million people have fled their homes in the area since December when the Syrian regime launched an offensive to retake Idlib – the last opposition held province.
Health officials there fear as many as 100,000 might die unless medical supplies arrive urgently. So far there are no confirmed cases.
- Confirmed global coronavirus cases pass one million
- Tiger King star in virus isolation, husband says
- Democrats to delay naming 2020 nominee amid Covid-19
- US man pleads guilty to White House terror plot
- The young doctors being asked to play God
- Zoom apologises for security issues, promises fixes
- US sends warships to Caribbean to stop drugs
- Deserted streets at high noon around the world
- How Dua Lipa released an album from isolation
- Record spike in jobless claims may mean Congress has to pass even more stimulus, economists say – CNBC
- Perseverance Mars rover in critical pre-launch testing at Kennedy – NASASpaceflight.com
- News Conference to Feature NASA Astronauts on Space Station – NASA
- ‘Missing link’ black hole discovered by Hubble – CNN
- Remains of 90 million-year-old rainforest discovered under Antarctic ice – Livescience.com
- Cave bear extinction likely due to large sinuses that impaired chewing – Daily Mail
- Dating of Broken Hill skull leads to questions over modern human ancestry – HeritageDaily
- Top US senator warns Saudi Arabia over oil price war with Russia – Al Jazeera English
- Spain sees record rise in unemployment amid virus
- Why Anne Tyler won’t be writing about coronavirus
- Daniel Pearl convict’s death sentence overturned